This probably wasn’t how we expected to find ourselves working from home, but since we’re here, allow me to share a bit of advice.
Indifferent the outcome of pandemics we need to go back to some sort of normality and dress again in a meaningful way.
Building a proper wardrobe costs a lot of time and money. You need to take care of your wardrobe during the period of working from home.
Here are some of the simple steps you need to take to prevent partial or total losses of your wardrobe contents.
1) You should wear at least 2-3 times a week more than 1 hour at a time, especially your suit jackets. this way you can keep your jackets in your body shape, otherwise will be compromised totally.
2) keep your shoes in shoe-last (shoe trees), otherwise will deform.
3) Dress shirts need to be cleaned and kept in the folded position and avoid fluorescent lighting that will change your clothing color, especially a portion of the exposed area.
4) allow air Circulation in your wardrobe daily basis.
5) Wearing a business, formal suit increasing your discipline, Not wearing them for a long period may have to gain weight consequences. which will compromise your wardrobe.
6) Wearing a desirable outfit have a very positive psychologic effect on your lifestyle.
7) All suits and jackets should stay in proper hangers, not using the right hanger can damage your jackets and coats.
8) You will surprise by some of the wardrobe contents that will not fit you properly anymore, try to wear them from time to time and save part of them.
9) Most white shirts collars and cuffs will get yellow, try to have drycleaned at least by-weekly indifference if you are wearing or not.